To begin this week, let’s talk about a common classroom problem: smartphone addiction
- Extra listening practice Just click on “Chapter 1”
- You can find listening activities here
- Presentation on past tenses
- Getting meaning from context part one and Getting meaning from context part two
- You can find listening and view sections of the textbook here
- Presentation: Understanding Main Ideas and Details TAKE NOTES!
- Advanced class please complete page 31
ADVANCED WRITING ONLINE ASSIGNMENT
Journal for Monday: Please watch this short film then write a reaction to it. What do you think the film maker is trying to say? Do you think the film maker succeeded in illustrating his or her point? Describe a scene from the film that you found especially interesting or moving.
Print the outline when you are completed. Give it to me on or before 9/29/17 (Friday)
JOURNAL PROMPTS FOR BOTH CLASSES:
- What was the most recent dream you had like?
- Describe a past friendship. Where did you meet your friend? How did you spend time together? Do you still communicate? How?
- Write about 2-3 things that you absolutely cannot live without.
- What is something that you were afraid of before? Does it still scare you? How did you get over your fear?
- What did you do with your very first pay check/allowance? Write about how you spent your money.
- What do you do to refresh during a stressful period of life? What advice can you give to a friend who is suffering from a lot of stress now?